13000 Afghan students apply for Pakistan’s Allama Iqbal scholarships
More than 13000 Afghan students have applied for Pakistan's Allama Muhammad Iqbal scholarship for Afghan nationals for Masters program.
- 13000 students appeared in the tests conducted in Kabul.
- The government of Pakistan assists Afghan youth for their capacity building through imparting quality education to 3,000 scholars.
- The aim of this scheme is to strengthen the bilateral relationship between Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- 3000 Afghan Scholarship Covers Living Allowance, Book Allowance, and Hostel Dues & University Tuition fee are provided under this programme.
Over 13,000 Afghan students applied for Pakistani scholarship programme as tests were conducted in Kabul. Pakistan embassy Kabul shared the details regarding the tests for held for Masters program of Pakistan’s Allama Iqbal scholarships for Afghani students.
Day 2 of test for Masters program of Pakistan’s Allama Iqbal scholarships. for Afghani students, held in Kabul and other big cities of Afghanistan. Pakistan embassy Kabul says, more than 13k candidates attended the test across Afghanistan.
About Award of Allama Iqbal Scholarships for Afghan Students:
Government of Pakistan is offering scholarships to Afghan youth for their capacity building through imparting quality education to 3,000 scholars in various fields including Medicine, Engineering, Agriculture, and Management and Computer science etc.
The aim of this scheme is to strengthen the bilateral relationship between Pakistan and Afghanistan and further it will enhance people to people contacts between both neighbouring states. 3000 Afghan Scholarship Covers Living Allowance, Book Allowance, and Hostel Dues & University Tuition fee.
- Undergraduate Level
- Graduate Level (MS/M.Phil.)
- PhD Level
The specific project objectives include:
- To sponsor Afghan students for quality education
- To establish professional linkages between the sister institutions of the two countries.
- To promote human resource development for the reconstruction of Afghanistan
- To develop people to people contacts between the two neighbouring countries
- To create Pakistan’s goodwill among the people of Afghanistan and to establish professional linkages between institutions of the two countries.
- To provide an opportunity for Pakistani universities to attract the students of neighbouring countries for quality education. (Source: HEC official website).
What are your thoughts on this? Share with us in the comments bar below.