14 salient features of PM Khan’s new ‘Hunarmand Jawan’ Program
Prime Minister Imran Khan launched the program on
On Thursday, Prime Minister Imran Khan launched the ‘Hunarmand Jawan’ program. The goal of this program is to help develop the skills of youth across Pakistan.
Here are the salient features of Prime Minister’s ‘Hunarmand Jawan’ program:
1. Development & Adjustment of 200 Technical & Vocational Education & Training (TVET) qualifications.
2. International Approval of 50 Pakistani TVET Institutes and starting Joint Degree Programs with well-known international TVET institutes.
3. Expanding National Job Portal and strengthening NAVTTC’s National Skill Information System (NSIS).
4. Establishing 100 Smart Tech labs across the country for learning programs in Technical & Vocational Education and Training Sector, including introduction of soft skills, virtual skill development and Business & IT.
5. Establishing 10 country of destination specific facilitation centers in 10 cities across the Pakistan with outflux of Pakistanis in international market workers.
6. Building of 70 new labs/workshops in Madrassas for skill development.
7. Skill Development Program for 50,000 youth belonging to less-developed areas.
8. Skill development training of 50,000 youth in high-end/high-tech technologies in renowned universities & state of the art TVET institutes of Pakistan.
9. Apprenticeship training of 25,000 youth in the industry under the Apprenticeship Act 2018, in partnership with provincial TEVTAs.
10. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) of 100,000 youth to verify informally acquired skills in Pakistan and abroad, along with training of 8,000 Assessors.
11. Establishing of National Accreditation Council at ICT.
12. Accreditation of 2,000 TVET institutes across Pakistan.
13. Transfer of Technology through Foreign Training of 500 TVET teachers in Technologically Advanced Countries and In-country Technical Training of 2,000 TVET Teachers.
14. Starting 50 Business Incubation Centers for promotion of entrepreneurship and self-employment.
What are your views on this? Share in the comments bar below.