Babar Azam Is Better Than Virat Kohli? Well! Stats Say So
We all know, how good Indian cricket team skipper Virat Kohli is. If there is one player, who has come close to Virat Kohli, then it is none other than our very own Babar Azam.
Babar Azam has proved himself and cemented his place among the best, modern-day cricket batsmen in a short time. The right-handed batsman has performed consistently well across all the formats of the game.
Often, we have heard cricket pandits describing him to be as good as Virat Kohli, but stats prove that the Pakistan T20 captain is better, at this stage of his career than Virat Kohli.
Looking at the stats of the two wonderful players after 26 Tests, 74 ODIs and 38 T20Is, Babar Azam has a better record than Virat Kohli.
Here’s a comparison of Virat Kohli and Babar Azam:
After 26 test matches;
- Babar Azam has 1,850 runs and is ranked at number 5 in ICC Test players’ ranking with 800 rating points.
- Virat Kohli had 1,755 runs and was ranked at number 13 in ICC Test players’ ranking with 733 rating points.
After 74 One day internationals;
- Babar Azam has 3,359 runs and is ranked at number 3 in the ICC ODI players’ ranking with 829 rating points.
- Virat Kohli had 2,860 runs and was ranked at number 3 in the ICC ODI players’ ranking with 783 rating points.
After 38 T20Is;
- Babar Azam has 1,471 runs and is ranked at number 1 in the ICC T20I players’ ranking with 879 rating points.
- Virat Kohli had 1,368 runs and was ranked at number 2 with 834 rating points.
The fact that Babar Azam has just played 18 matches of his career in Pakistan also makes him eligible to be called better than Virat Kohli at this stage of his career.