What is the case in which Indian anchor Arnab Goswami has been arrested?

According to the note, Naik's company, Concorde Designs Pvt Ltd, owed him a staggering sum of 5 crores and 38 lakh.

Arnab Goswami, a renowned Indian anchor who is known for his anti-Pakistan hyper-nationalist stance, was arrested on Wednesday. He was apprehended by the Maharashtra Police for an apparent connection with a 2018 suicide case.

An architect and his mother committed suicide over alleged non-payment of fees by Goswami’s Republic TV, as stated by a police officer.

Interior designer Anvay Naik and his mother Kumud Naik were found dead in Alibaug at their bungalow in May 2018. According to the police, Anvay had committed suicide. The post mortem report of Anvay’s mother, Kumud, showed that she had been strangled.

What are the findings of the case so far?

The police is confident that Anvay killed his mother before committing suicide. Following the incident, an accidental death report and a murder case were registered.

The police discovered a suicide note that was written in English. In the note, Anvay wrote that he and his mother had proceeded with such an extreme step on account of unpaid payments, which were due but not cleared by three company owners.

The names included Feroz Shaikh of IcastX/Skimedia, Niteish Sarda of Smartworks, and Arnab Goswami of Republic TV.

The details revealed by the note

According to the note, Naik’s company, Concorde Designs Pvt Ltd, owed him a staggering sum of 5 crores and 38 lakh. During the investigation, it was further found out that Anvay was under massive debt and struggled to repay to the contractors.

The case was closed in 2019, with the local Raigad police stating that they failed to find appropriate evidence against the note’s accused. Nevertheless, in May, Anvay’s daughter contacted the Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh requesting to reopen the case.

Adnya has also claimed that the police failed to investigate the sum of Rs 83 lakh that Goswami did not pay to her father Anvay.  Although the home department transferred the case to CID in May this year, officers who raised Arnab’s house on Wednesday and arrested him stated that the same court where the Raigad filed a closure report had granted permission to the police to reopen the case.

What are your views on this? Share in the comments bar below.

  • Featured Content⭐