Changan Alsvin has officially entered the Pakistani automotive industry! Here Are Its VARIANTS, INTERIOR and PRICE
The Alsvin is a decent-looking car that resembles the compact family sedan and the 5th generation Hyundai Accent.
Chinese automakers have finally launched Changan Alsvin in Pakistan after months of drawing speculations and driving test mules on the roads. The CEO of Master Changan Motors, Danial Malik, hosted the digital launch of the car. In his address, he spoke about the current car culture and Changan’s new offerings and said:
The Alsvin Sedan is going to be a game-changer for the Pakistani automotive industry.
The CEO further announced that Changan Alsvin would be locally assembled. The company, Changan Pakistan, has joined hands with the Master Group to set up a $100 million vehicle assembly plant in Karachi. According to reports, the plant will be able to produce 30,000 units annually.
It should be noted that Changan currently has seventeen dealerships across Pakistan – one in KP, one in Balochistan, four in Sindh, and eleven in Punjab.
Here is everything you need to know about Changan Alsvin:
The Alsvin is a sub-compact sedan that will initially be offered as a CBU in Pakistan. If the vehicle’s demand seems high enough, it’s CKD version will go into production by mid-2021. Since the car is set to enter the sedan segment, it is likely to go up against the Toyota Yaris, the Honda City, and other similar cars.
Design of the Changan Alsvin
The Alsvin is a decent-looking car that resembles the compact family sedan and the 5th generation Hyundai Accent. It features:
- a front fascia designed to be both aggressive and stylish
- a large and imposing front grille
- a sharp pair of headlights with DRLs, cutting-edge LED fog lights
- a smooth front design
- average-looking 15-inch alloy wheels
- body-colored door handles
- standard-looking lights, bumper, and reflectors
Interior of the Changan Alsvin
Flaunting modern but straightforward interiors, the vehicle showcases:
- a modern cockpit
- a bright ivory-beige interior
- a black dashboard
- black door panels
- a sporty-looking, flat-bottom steering wheel with control switches
- a 7-inch touch-sensitive infotainment screen
Variants and Specs of the Changan Alsvin
The car will be offered in three trim levels:
- the 1.37L
- the 1.5L
- the 1.5L Lumiere
Performance of the Changan Alsvin
The performance of the three variants of the vehicle is as follows:
- The base trim features a 1.37-liter 4-cylinder Blue Core engine with Dual-Variable Valve Timing Technology (DVVT ) that delivers 95 hp, 135 Nm of torque, and is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
- The mid and the top trim levels both have a 1.5 liter 4-cylinder Blue Core engine with DVVT that delivers 105 hp, 145 Nm of torque, and are mated to a 5-speed DCT automatic gearbox each.
- For the suspension setup, the vehicle has a MacPherson strut setup at the front and a torsion bar coil-spring setup at the back that allow for a smooth ride over bumps.
- The Alsvin also showcases ventilated disc brakes at the front with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) Technology and conventional drum brakes at the back, which provide the car with good stopping power.
Price of the Changan Alsvin
CEO Danial Malik did not reveal the price of the vehicle. Regarding this, he stated:
The price of the Changan Alsvin will be announced in January 2021. The official bookings of the car will begin next month. Therefore, buyers should not make any payments anywhere until then.
Malik further announced that the buyers who pre-book the Changan Alsvin would earn a year-long free maintenance package for their car.
Pakistani audience is undoubtedly excited for Changan Alsvin’s arrival in the country. The CEO piqued the excitement and desire further by withholding the price; people can’t wait to learn more. However, only time will tell how much love Alsvin receives once the sale begins.
What are your thoughts on this? Please share with us in the comment section below.