Changan Motors to finally unveil Alsvin’s official price on Monday. Here is what we know so far
One of the most anticipated launches is almost here!
The Pakistani auto market has been enthusiastically waiting for Changan’s new Alsvin sedan to be officially available for purchase in Pakistan. The vehicle was launched in the country in early 2020. However, the automakers did not reveal the price of the Alsvin at the time. The CEO said:
We want to maintain a little mystery about the price.
Well, it seems that the wait is finally over as Changan Motors recently released a circular, stating that the price of the Alsvin sedan will be revealed on Monday, the 11th of January 2021.
According to reports, the Changan Alsvin will officially be open for customers from Monday onwards. The circular also contains details about a lucky draw and pre-booking announcements.
Here is the picture of the original circular:
A Little Recap about the Changan Alsvin
The vehicle was officially launched in Pakistan on the 11th of December 2020. The Changan Alsvin is a subcompact sedan set to compete with the likes of Toyota Yaris and Honda City in the local auto market. Initially, it will be offered as a CBU; however, sources state that the Alsvin’s CKD version will go into production by mid-2021.
Pakistanis will receive the vehicle in three trim levels:
- The 1.37L
- The 1.5L
- The 1.5L Lumiere
Each variant will flaunt standard basic features such as:
- The intelligent gearshift reminder
- ABS brakes
- Dual SRS airbags
- 7″ floating infotainment screen
- A reverse camera with dynamic reverse guidelines
On the other hand, finer variants will showcase additional features.
The Changan Alsvin will be offered with two powertrain options:
- The base trim version will feature a 1.37-liter 4-cylinder Blue Core engine with Dual-Variable Valve Timing Technology (DVVT) that delivers 95 hp and 135 Nm of torque and is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
- The mid and the top trim levels will showcase a 1.5 liter 4-cylinder Blue Core engine with DVVT that makes 105 hp, 145 Nm of torque, and are mated to a 5-speed DCT automatic gearbox each.
Sources speculate that the Changan Alsvin truly has all the right characteristics to be a massive hit in the Pakistani market. However, not much can be said for now as a car’s price greatly influences a car’s popularity amongst the buyers. Hence, only time will tell what future the newcomer vehicle beholds.
What are your thoughts on this? Please share with us in the comment section below.