Chevening Scholarship 2023-24 for Pakistani students: Everything you need to know
This scholarship offers a one-year master's degree at any UK university, completely free of cost.
UK government’s prestigious Chevening program has just started its application process for 2023-24. This scholarship offers a one-year master’s degree at any UK university, completely free of cost.
Since 1983, Chevening has provided more than 2,000 Pakistanis the golden opportunity of studying in the UK. As the program covers the entire expenses for one year, it is very competitive. Here is all you need to know about this scholarship.
- Have completed all the courses and components of an undergraduate degree. This is necessary to help you gain entry into the postgraduate program at a university in the UK. In the UK, this will be equivalent to an upper-second class 2:1 honors degree but it may vary depending on the choice of your university.
- Have citizenship of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Must return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after the program ends.
- Have a work experience of at least 2 years. This will be equivalent to 2,800 hours.
- Apply to three different UK university courses. Receive an unconditional offer from one of these universities by July 13, 2023.
You will be ineligible for the Chevening scholarship in the following conditions
- Hold a refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. However, those who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and have refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country can apply for the scholarship.
- Hold British or double British citizenship (unless you hold BN(O) and are applying from Hongkong or are a citizen of British Overseas Territory)
- Relatives or former employees, of an employee of Chevening Partner organizations, can apply. But it is different if the employment took place within the last two years. In that case, you will not receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organization that you work from, previously worked from, or are linked to through relatives.
- Those who have previously availed a UK Government-funded scholarship.
What does the scholarship program offer?
- The cost of one visa application
- A travel grant so you can attend Chevening events in the UK
- An arrival allowance
- A stipend every month
- A homeward departure allowance
- Complete university tuition fees
- Travel charges to and from the UK
Procedure of application
- Choose three courses at three different universities. You can select any Chevening-eligible course at a UK university.
- You have to submit the names of two referees
- The applicants must submit the following: education documents, one unconditional UK university offer, and references.
- The deadline for application is in this timeline.
What are your views on this? Share in the comments bar below.