[VIDEO] Here are your citizen rights as a Pakistani if you are arrested or detained
According to the law, it is prohibited to torture a suspect for gathering evidence.
Torturing or ill treating a crime suspect is a wrong and unjust. According to the law, it is prohibited to torture a suspect for gathering evidence.
Rights of a suspect
- A suspect should be informed in detail about the nature of the charge against him or her.
- Police must have a search warrant issued by the court.
- A suspect has a right to inform his family about the arrest.
- A suspect is free from torture, cruel, or any other form of harmful treatment.
- A suspect arrested in custody is expected to be presented in front of a magistrate within 24 hours.
- Physical remand only includes a verbal investigation.
Search Warrant Requirements
- The judge based on probable cause issues a search warrant.
- A search warrant must have a sign of a presiding officer.
- A search warrant must have a court stamp.
Situations where police can arrest without a warrant
- A person who owns any house breaking tool without a valid reason
- A person who is declared a proclaimed offender under the law
- A person who is suspected to possess a stolen property
- A person who is suspected to be a killer
- A person who has a reputation of a thief, or a robber
What are your views on this? Share in the comments bar below.