Commonwealth Scholarships 2023 for Pakistani students
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has announced a fully-funded Commonwealth Scholarships 2023 for Pakistani students. The scholarship is open for teaching faculty, Ph.D., and Masters, giving them the opportunity to study in the UK.
Under this scholarship, more than 30,000 individuals have had the chance to go to the UK to pursue higher studies since 1960. The program is a collaborative effort by the CSC (Commonwealth Scholarship Commission) and the HEC.
Eligibility criteria for Commonwealth Scholarships 2023 for Pakistani students
If an applicant wants to apply for the Commonwealth Scholarships 2022 for Pakistani students, then they have to fulfill the requirements of the CSC and HEC.
- The applicant should be available to start academic studies in the UK by the start of September 2023.
- The applicant should be a national of an eligible Commonwealth country.
- The applicant should be unable to afford education in the UK without a scholarship.
- Applicant must provide references of two individuals.
- The applicant must provide complete transcripts detailing all higher education qualifications, including their latest transcripts for any of the current qualifications, and upload them onto the online application system.
- CSC does not fund a second UK Master’s degree. So, if an applicant is applying for a second degree, they need to justify their reasons.
- Not have dual nationality.
- Be a Pakistani or Azad Jammu and Kashmir national.
- Have a first-class degree in a relevant postgraduate qualification for the Master’s scholarship by the deadline.
- Not have second/third division in the last degree.
- Not be awaiting results.
- Provide Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT) scores with a minimum of 60 out of 100.
- Those who are yet to take the HAT can register for it on HEC’s ETC portal before 11 October 2022.
Criteria for Ph.D. applicants
- Applicants shouldn’t be registered for an M.Phil. leading to a Ph.D. or Ph.D. at a UK University or in Pakistan before October/September 2023.
- Applicants must provide a supporting statement from a proposed supervisor in the UK from at least one of the institutions named on their application form.
Applicants have to apply online through HEC and CSC’s portals. Applications sent through any other portal won’t be considered.
In case a person does not apply through both portals, their applications will be rejected.
Online Application for HEC
- The applicants are required to sign a printed copy of the application.
- Interested individuals are to apply on the HEC’s website. After registering and filling out the profile section, they need to select ‘Learning Opportunities Abroad.’
- Applications should use their latest information (addresses, phone numbers, and updated information).
- Applicants should save their applications after submitting them on the portal.
The HEC’s online application portal will close at 4 PM on 18th October 2022.
What are your views on this? Share in the comments bar below.