Complete Guide: How to Renew Passport in Pakistan?
Did you know that you can now apply online for the renewal, reprint damage, loss, and modification of your passports? The government has launched an e-Services portal for the activities mentioned above so individuals can obtain their passports easily without hassle.
The Overseas Pakistani Passports holders, whose passports have expired or will expire within the next 12 months, can also apply for the renewal of their passports through the online passport facility. The DHL, however, cannot guarantee transit time for any destinations due to the current Covid-19 pandemic until the situation normalizes. Therefore, no claim for delay in deliveries of passports will be accepted until everything is back to normal globally.
The e-Services Portal is the front door to the Directorate General of Immigration and Passports for online services for Pakistani citizens around the world.
Timeline of the Process
The following table shows the approximate time taken to complete an online application, assuming that you fulfill all the prerequisites.
|Estimated Completion Time|
|1.||Register user||2 min|
|2.||Select application category||1 min|
|3.||Give passport delivery details||1 min|
|4.||Pay the fee||2 min|
|5.||Provide personal information||1 min|
|6.||Provide Address details||2 min|
|7.||Upload photograph||1 min|
|8.||Upload supporting documents||1 min|
|9.||Print, scan and upload fingerprint form||5 min|
|10.||Review and Submit application||0.5 min|
|Total estimated time||16.5 min|
Documents Required for the Process
Before applying please have the following ready:
- Supporting documents.
- Photograph up to 5MB captured as explained in the Photograph Tutorial.
- Fingerprint form, filled as explained in the Fingerprint Tutorial.
- Valid Credit Card for online payment of your application fee.
Step-by-Step Guide to the Process
- Click on the Get Started button.
- Register your account :
- In case you are within Pakistan, an SMS and email code will be sent to you for registration.
- In case you are abroad all required codes will be sent via email only.
NOTE: Users already registered in the Pak-identity system can log in from their registered Pak-identity “Username” and “Password”
- Create an application for the Renewal of your machine-readable passport and provide details for your application.
- Provide your address for machine-readable passport delivery.
- Pay Fee through a Credit Card/Debit Card.
NOTE: DGI&P has a NO REFUND POLICY against any application initiated/submitted for issuance of a Machine-readable passport. The applicant is requested to thoroughly review the information and guidelines provided on the website
- Provide the required personal details.
- Provide your present and permanent addresses.
- Upload your photograph.
- Upload the supporting documents required by the application.
- Download the form, and capture the 4 fingerprints asked by the system.
- Set the scanner at 600 DPI, JPEG/JPG, and Grayscale. Scan and upload the form.
- Review the information you provided, sign the declaration, and then submit the application.
What are your thoughts on this? Please share with us in the comment section below.