Coronavirus in Pakistan: Here are all the symptoms you MUST keep a check on
Here is all you need to know about the corona virus.
The Pakistani health authorities on Wednesday confirmed two positive cases of novel Corona virus in the country. Both patients tested positive for the harmful virus, in Karachi and Islamabad respectively.
The affected persons had travelled to Iran for a pilgrimage to holy sites, and on their return to the country, they confirmed positive for the infection.
The Special Assistant to the PM on Health Services, Dr. Zafar Mirza has also confirmed the report of the first confirmed cases of corona virus in the country.
220/ I can confirm first two cases of corona virus in Pakistan. Both cases are being taken care of according to clinical standard protocols & both of them are stable. No need to panic, things are under control. I will hold press conf tomorrow on return from Taftan.
— Zafar Mirza (@zfrmrza) February 26, 2020
Symptoms of corona virus
- Muscle pain
- Fever and tiredness
- Shortness of breath (difficulty in breathing)
How lethal is a corona virus
According to the data collected by the World Health Organization (WHO)
- 81 per cent develop minor symptoms
- 14 per cent develop severe symptoms
- 5 per cent become severally ill
- The ratio of dying from the disease is between 1 per cent to 2 per cent
According to the WHO
- Washing your hands with soap can kill the virus
- To prevent the infection from spreading cover your nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes
- Avoid handshakes
- Do not get too close to people sneezing, coughing or with a fever
Can the virus treated or cured
- Currently, no treatment has been explicitly approved for the virus
- Development of a vaccine is under process
- Anti-viral drugs are also being tested to check if they have an impact
What are your views on this? Share in the comments bar below.