For the first time, the government asks CII for help in fight against polio

The role and involvement of religious leaders in the process will help bust the propaganda and hoaxes associated with it. 

1

CII (Council of Islamic Ideology) has endorsed hundreds of fatwas in support of polio vaccination. As per the details revealed by Pakistan Polio Programme, the council’s apex body unanimously has decided to endorse and accept hundreds of fatwas supporting polio eradication.

For the first time, the government has sought help from CII to help control poliovirus in the country. As per the official document of CII, the council showed concern that if the spread of disease is not addressed effectively, Pakistan might face increased travel restrictions and also financial ramifications.

Religious conservatism is the biggest hindrance in the way of successful polio campaigns. CII Chairman Dr Qibla Ayaz commented  30 per cent of polio vaccination are refused due to religious reasons, while the remaining 70 per cent are for other reasons.

“Since 2014, refusals against the polio vaccine have been increasing on religious basis due to which the polio eradication programme has started getting Fatwas from religious scholars, madrassas and even the Al-Azhar University in Cairo to verify that the polio vaccine is not against Islam,” Focal Person to Prime Minister on Polio, Babar Bin Atta said.

“This development is anticipated to help reduce the number of refusals and resistance to the polio vaccine during the upcoming polio vaccination campaign from November 4, 2019”, he further added.

Hence, the role and involvement of religious leaders in the process will help bust the propaganda and hoaxes associated with it.

What are your views on this? Share with us in the comments.


  • Featured Content⭐


    Most viewed in last 24 hours


    24 گھنٹوں کے دوران 🔥


    >