Crackdown against drugs launched in Islamabad, arrested 25 criminals within the 24 hours
DIG (Operations) Islamabad Waqar Uddin Syed also warned the criminals and those backing them.
Islamabad police have launched a massive crackdown against drugs in the capital, reported local media.
The federal police have arrested 25 criminals within the 24 hours of the recently launched crackdown against criminals in the federal capital. Talking to media, a spokesman of Islamabad police said that the operation was launched upon the directions of Inspector General of Police (IGP) Muhammad Aamir Zulfiqar Khan.
Following the IGP’s orders, Deputy Inspector General of Police (Operations) Waqar Ud Din Syed strictly directed all zonal officers to make sure that no criminal gets away during the crackdown.
Details of the arrested criminals so far:
- Four bottles of wine were recovered from Saneel Masih by Aabpar police and put him behind the bars.
- 240-gram hashish was recovered from Shafique Masih by Kohsar police.
- Two bikes were recovered by the police during a raid and arrested three bike-lifters namely Waseem Abbasi, Fahim, and Abdul Rahim.
- A killer named Baitullah was arrested and the murder tool was also recovered.
- In another raid, 530-gram hashish was recovered from the two accused Khalid Mehmood and Rashid.
Other criminals arrested by the police includes Shamshad, Kamran, Khan Fazal Rehim, Nadeem Masih, Wasib Nawaz, and Abdul Manan. DIG (Operations) Islamabad Waqar Uddin Syed also warned the criminals and those backing them.
What Are Your Views On This? Share With Us in The Comments Bar Below.