European Work Permit that Pakistanis can apply for themselves – Requirements
The Netherlands launched a Pilot Program back in 2021, and the visa went live a year later in 2022, and this is called the "Essential Personnel Visa."
In exciting news, there is a European work permit that Pakistanis can apply for by themselves.
Likewise, the European work permit also eradicates the need for a company to sponsor your visa. The Netherlands launched a Pilot Program back in 2021, and the visa went live a year later in 2022, and this is called the “Essential Personnel Visa.”
European work permit that Pakistanis can apply for
The Essential Personnel Visa allows Pakistanis to work in Europe. The main purpose is to facilitate start-ups in hiring foreigners, who may help their country grow. Pakistanis can apply for this visa by themselves, and they don’t need an employer to sponsor them if they have a job.
This means that you can apply to start-ups in the Netherlands, and won’t have to wait for sponsorship. Usually, organizations avoid hiring foreigners because the cost is high and there is considerable legal liability involved.
If there is a foreign employee who is crucial for a start-up, then a residence permit is essential for them. There are a few requirements for the residence permit for Pakistanis.
Requirements for the permit
The residence permit for essential personnel is a pilot project, which will continue till 1st June 2025. Those who receive this permit will continue for a year after the pilot project, here are the requirements:
- Should meet the general requirements (apply to everyone)
- Your start-up is innovative with scalable activities
- The maximum capacity for employees is 15
- The residence permit for essential start-up personnel can be applied for at least five employees
- The employee should be an expert in the field and have an employment contract
- The employee meets the income requirements and will be given at least a 1% share of the company
- The shares will be given for up to 3 years after the contract starts
In order to get more information, click here.
What are your views on this? Share in the comments bar below.