Everything you need to know about the NBP Student Loan Scheme – eligibility criteria, programs, how to apply, deadline
NBP launched the Student Loan Scheme in 2001. Following in its footsteps, several major banks in the country have started to provide interest-free financial assistance to bright students facing financial constraints in pursuing their education.
Here is all you need to know about the NBP Student Loan Scheme:
Areas of focus
- Oil gas and petro-chemical technology
- Biology, molecular biology, and genetics
- Other natural sciences
- DAWA and Islamic jurisprudence (LLB/LLM Sharia)
- Computer science, information systems, and information technology
- Economics, statistics, and econometrics
- Business management sciences
Students who fulfil the following criteria are eligible to apply for the loan:
- Students pursuing graduation, post-graduation, and PhD in the abovementioned areas of focus at public sector educational institutes across the country
- Graduate students aged under 21 years at the time of admission, post-graduation students under 31 years, and PhD students under 36 years.
- Students securing a minimum of 70% marks in their last examination.
- Two attested photographs.
- Attested copies of the fee challan issued by the institute.
- Copy of income certificate to be attested by the department in case of a government employee and by union council in case of a private employee.
- Attested copy of the domicile.
- Attested copies of CNIC of applicants and parents.
- Attested copies of all academic certificates including the last exam transcript.
- Original certificate issued by Head of Institute confirming the date of admission and completion date of the study program.
- Four un-stamped and self-addressed envelopes with permanent and hostel addresses.
How to apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the NBP Student Loan program by filling out the application form available on NBP’s official website. They must submit the form with the required documents at the designated NBP branches to complete their application.
The deadline for applying for the NBP Student Loan Program is the 29th of July 2022.
What are your thoughts on this? Please share with us in the comment section below.