FBR and NADRA introduce online portal to let people check their ‘asset profile’
Here's all that you need to know
Recently, the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) and the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) launched a web portal for the Pakistan’s residents. This portal enables Pakistanis to view a compiled list of their declared assets. People can also download information from the online portal for adequate documentation and record-keeping.
The web portal allows people to check their asset details online via the following services:
- FBR Tax Profiling System
- FBR Assets Inquiry System (FBR Maloomat)
To calculate everybody’s assets, the web portal (created by FBR and NADRA) collects data from official sources. People can then view this information from anywhere globally, provided that they are a Pakistani citizen.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO ACCESS THE INFORMATION:
- One must be a Pakistani national with a valid CNIC or NICOP
- One should be above 18 years of age
- Pakistani residents must have a PTA registered mobile number
- Overseas Pakistanis must have a valid email address
- One must make a payment of PKR500 through NADRA e-Sahulat or their credit/debit card
HOW TO USE THE TAX PROFILING SYSTEM:
- Visit the official website for the FBR Tax Profiling System
- Create an account by entering a valid CNIC number in the relevant field
- Follow the instructions to Submit the computer-generated verification code
- Pay the application fee via the credit/debit card or through a nearby NADRA e-Sahulat franchise. To locate the nearest e-Sahulat franchise, consult the convenient city-based drop-down list of e-Sahulat outlets available on the portal
- After making the payment, one can view the following information on the portal:
- Tax Filer Status
- NTN number
- Total Income
- Tax Paid
- Net Wealth
- Withholding Tax
- SIM card in your name
- Number of cars
- Arms License
- Executive Services
- Travel information
- One can save the information in a PDF format and print it (if needed).
FBR ASSETS INQUIRY SYSTEM
People can adhere to the following step-by-step tutorial to carry out an FBR assets check via the web portal:
- Visit the official website for FBR Maloomat
- One must use their registered mobile number to send their CNIC number to 9966
- Select the ‘Get Login/ Password for Asset Inquiry (It’s Free)’ tab on the top.
- Enter the CNIC number, name and choose an appropriate prefix
- Pick the current service provider option
- Add personal mobile number in the relevant fields (one must make sure that the phone number they enter is registered in their name)
- One may receive the code on their mobile number
- After this, people can log in to the FBR Asset Inquiry System and see different tabs.
- One can select any tab and click on ‘Load Data’ to view their relevant data.
Upon checking the assets using FBR, people can view the following information:
- Withholding Tax
- Travel Information
- Utilities with bill amount
- The details of properties in your name
The asset data on the web portal is updated regularly by the FBR. People are advised to visit the portal regularly to view the updated data.
What are your views on this? Share with us in the comments bar below.