Ghandhara Nissan introducing EVs in next 2 to 3 years. Here’s what we know so far
The reports further added that Muazzam Pervaiz, COO of GNL along with other company officials presented the 2.4billion investment plan.
Ghandhara Nissan Limited (GNL) and a Chinese automaker named Chery are partnering up reportedly to launch electric vehicles (EVs) in Pakistan. According to the details available with the media outlets, a new plant for manufacturing EVs will be established in Pakistan within the next three years.
In a meeting chaired by the Board of Investment (BoI) Secretary, Fareena Mazhar, the company officials updated their plans for the launch of EVs in Pakistan in the next 2-3 years. The government of Pakistan is also finalizing the new EV policy for four-wheeled vehicles to ease the entry of new players into the market.
The reports further added that Muazzam Pervaiz, COO of GNL along with other company officials presented the 2.4billion investment plan. Under the said plan, the company will introduce a number of crossover EVs and SUVs.
What is Pakistan’s ambitious NEVP?
The NEVP is an ambitious road map towards tackling the challenges posed by climate change and pollution. It has the following salient features:
- Turning 30 percent of the total number of vehicles in the country into electric cars.
- Reducing emissions of greenhouse gases.
- Bringing down the rate of pollution and smog by introducing electric cars, trucks, vans, and tri-wheeler rickshaws.
- Boosting the local car industry.
- Affordable transportation as the cost of traveling will be significantly reduced.
- Cutting the import bill of oil, which currently is about $2 billion annually.
What are your views on this? Share in the comments bar below.