RTI Act introduced by PTI Government in KP gets global appreciation
Shaukat Yousafzai and Taimur Jhagra will present the project to the head of UNESCO at the event.
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is the only province that will be presenting its project in the Paris Peace Forum.
- Overall, 700 projects were received by the Paris Peace Forum from 115.
- The theme of the selected projects revolves around peace, education, security, culture, development.
A proud moment for Pakistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa as Paris Peace Forum chooses the Right to Information (RTI) Act introduced by the Government of PTI in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to be nominated in the category of the Best Act.
However, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is the only province that presented its project in the Paris Peace Forum. KPK government undertook serious transparency measures for eradication of corruption along with assuring the quality implementation of the Right to Information (RTI) law.
Overall, 700 projects were received by the Paris Peace Forum from 115 countries. Out of them, only100 projects were chosen by the selection committee.
The theme of the selected projects revolves around peace, education, security, culture, development, latest technologies, and inclusive economy.
The delegation of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, led by Minister for Information Shaukat Yousafzai and Minister for Finance Taimur Saleem Jhagra, represented Pakistan at the event.
At the event, Shaukat Yousafzai and Taimur Jhagra presented the project to the head of UNESCO. Later, it will be simulated across the world to evaluate the enactment of the RTI law.
خیبر پختونخوا حکومت کے بنائے گئے “رائٹ ٹو انفارمیشن ایکٹ” کو بین الاقوامی سطح پر پزیرائی مل رہی ہیں۔ آج پوری دنیا میں خیبر پختونخوا کا نام روشن ہورہا ہے۔
— Shaukat Ali Yousafzai (@SAYousafzaiPTI) November 13, 2019
“A Government can never truly be transparent unless they give the people full access to Information.” – Shoukat Ali Yousafzai, Minister of Information
#QasimTheKhadim #HumAapKayKhadim #RightToInformation @SAYousafzaiPTI @ParisPeaceForum @GIZPakistan @PakistanCCP @KP_RTI pic.twitter.com/oBbBTGGbh9
— Qasim The Khadim (@QasimTheKhadim) November 13, 2019
Right to Information (RIT) Act
The main objectives of the Right to Information Act are:
- Every citizen of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has the right to access any information or record held by a public body.
- According to the law, the provision of information or a record will not be denied.
- Creating a transparent environment free of corruption, conducive to the growth of democracy.
What do you think about this decision? Share with us in the comments bar below.