HBL PSL 2022 draft: List of foreign & local players
Pakistan Super League will start on January 27th and will conclude with the final on February 27th
The draft date of the HBL Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2022 was recently announced by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB). The draft of the seventh edition of PSL will be held on December 12th at the National High Performance Centre, Lahore.
Sources have revealed that as many as 356 foreign players will be up for grabs during the draft of HBL PSL 2022. Unfortunately, some of the top names in international cricket will be busy on national duty making their participation in PSL difficult.
Rashid Khan, Tabraiz Shamsi and Alex Hales are some of the names PSL franchises would like to have in their teams. Players from South Africa, England, West Indies, New Zealand, Afghanistan, Australia, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Ireland will be part of PSL 7 draft.
Here is a list of foreign players who will be part of the HBL PSL 2022 draft:
- Tabraiz Shamsi*, David Miller, Rilee Rossouw, Marchant de Lange (South Africa)
- Tymal Mills*, Jason Roy*, James Vince, Liam Livingstone, David Willey (England)
- Chris Gayle* (West Indies)
- Colin Munro (New Zealand)
- Isuru Udana, Thisara Perera (Sri Lanka)
- Rashid Khan* (Afghanistan)
* Indicates that a player is available for limited number of matches only
- James Faulkner, Ben Cutting, Ben Dunk (Australia)
- Lewis Gregory, Alex Hales, Harry Brook, Joe Clarke, Samit Patel, Dan Lawrence (England)
- Imran Tahir, Dane Vilas (South Africa)
- David Wiese (Namibia)
- Kusal Mendis, Dushmantha Chameera (Sri Lanka)
- Fabian Allen, Sherfane Rutherford (West Indies)
- Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Najibullah Zadran, Qais Ahmad (Afghanistan)
According to sources, as many as 106 players are part of Gold category while the number of players in the silver category is 201. Furthermore, 495 local players will be part of Gold, Silver and Emerging Categories.
Local players in the Gold category:
- Abdullah Shafique
- Abid Ali
- Ahmed Shehzad
- Azhar Ali
- Bilal Asif
- Fawad Alam
- Umar Akmal
- Haris Sohail
- Junaid Khan
- Khurram Manzoor
- Rumman Raees
- Saud Shakell
- Tabish Khan
- Yasir Shah
Pakistan Super League will start on January 27th and will conclude with the final on February 27th. Karachi will be the host of first 15 matches while, the rest of the matches will be held in Lahore including the final. All the single headers matches of the PSL 7 will start at 7 PM. While, the double headers will kick off at 2 PM and 7 PM. The Friday’s double-headers will start at 3 PM and 8 PM.
What are your views on this? Share in the comments bar below.