[APPLY] HEC offers Ph.D. scholarships in the US. Here’s everything you need to know
All you need to know!
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) announced a scholarship program for Ph.D. candidates on Sunday. The scholarship will be provided to students for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022.
The HEC issued a statement on Twitter and said:
This scholarship program is announced under the HEC’s initiative “US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor”.
The tweet further stated that the scholarship program would provide Pakistani scholars a chance to study at US universities.
— HEC Pakistan (@hecpkofficial) December 13, 2020
Here’s all you need to know about the Ph.D. scholarship program:
What is the eligibility criteria for the Ph.D. scholarship?
- Pakistani/ AJK nationals
- Minimum four-year Bachelor’s degree (BS/BSc/BE -16 years of formal education)
- Maximum one 2nd Division and no 3rd Division in the entire academic career
- Maximum age on the closing date shall not exceed:
- 40 years in the case of regular faculty members of public sector universities/government colleges and researchers of approved/registered R&D Organizations (born after the 10th of January 1981)
- 35 years in all other cases on the closing date of the application (born after the 10th of January 1986)
- Must not be availing any other Scholarships
What is the required merit for the Ph.D. scholarship?
- GRE Scores 60% (preference will be given to the higher scores)
- Those having GRE waived by the host university will be required to appear in the HAT test and get a 60% score in addition to meeting the eligibility criteria of the host university
- HEC AEF Formula 30%
How should Pakistani scholars apply for the Ph.D. scholarship?
Interested scholars can submit their online application via the HEC portal. It should be noted that the deadline to submit applications for the Ph.D. scholarship is the 10th of January 2021.
What are your thoughts on this? Please share with us in the comment section below.