Here is how you can register as a seller on Amazon in Pakistan [GUIDE]
See details here!
A new era for Pakistan e-commerce started as Amazon added the country to the e-commerce’s sellers list last month.
The initiative will help promote more e-commerce related businesses, and international buyers would be able to reach Pakistani products.
Pakistani retailers who want to sell their products online would register their businesses using Pakistani details to create accounts.
Here is how you can register at Amazon
With two selling plans (standard and premium), Amazon offers the flexibility to sell one item or sell thousands. Before you begin registration, choose which method is more suitable for your business.
The standard plan costs $0.99 per sale, while sellers using the Premium plan pay $39.99 per month, no matter how
many items they sell. If you sell more than 40 items per month, the Premium option makes a lot of sense.
The Standard plan might be right if:
- You can sell less than 40 items per month
- You desire to keep up-front costs low
- You do not want advanced selling tools or add-on programs
- You are still deciding what to sell
The Premium plan might be right if:
- You can sell more than 40 items a month
- You need access to advanced selling tools
- You would like to apply for add-on programs like Amazon Business, Launchpad, or Handmade
- You are an established e-commerce seller
What do you need to get started?
To complete your registration, you must have your bank account number, bank routing number, a chargeable credit card, government-issued national ID, tax information, and phone number.
How much will it cost you to sell on Amazon?
There are various types of selling fees you might pay, depending on your selling plan and the types of products you want to market.
- On the Premium selling plan, there is a flat fee of $39.99 a month and no per-item fee.
- On the Standard selling plan, there is a $0.99 fee for each item sold.
These fees are charged per item sold. They include referral fees (a percentage of the selling price and varies depending on the product’s category) and variable closing fees (which apply only to media categories).
When you fulfill orders yourself, Amazon shipping rates apply. These shipping rates are charged based on the product category and shipping service picked by the customer.
For products that Amazon fulfills for you (known as Fulfillment by Amazon, or FBA), there are fees for order fulfillment, storage, and optional services. Find the complete beginner’s guide to Selling on Amazon here.
What are your views on this? Share with us in the comments below.