Exposed: List of Military officials and their family members listed in the Pandora Papers
The Pandora Papers is creating a buzz worldwide as it exposes the hidden wealth, tax avoidance, and money laundering of elites globally.
The Pandora Papers is creating a buzz worldwide as it is a comprehensive leak of 12 million documents that expose the hidden wealth, tax avoidance, and money laundering of individuals globally.
The world’s elites are scrambling here and there to justify their wealth exposure as they face the public’s wrath and accountability questions worldwide.
In Pakistan, several individuals have been exposed by the Pandora Papers.
The reports of some exposed people were not surprising as they were from the Pakistan Muslim League (N) and Pakistan People’s Party, and corruption is the standard in these parties.
However, some of the members of Prime Minister Imran Khan’s inner circle have also been exposed by the Pandora Papers.
Meanwhile, several military individuals and their family members have also been exposed by the Pandora Papers.
The record of the exposed military personnel and their families are listed as the following:
- Retired Major General Nusrat Naeem (Former Director-General of Counter Intelligence in Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI)).
Nusrat has been exposed for owning Afghan Oil and Gas Limited registered in the British Virgin Islands (BVI) after his retirement.
- Retired Lieutenant General Shafatullah Shah (Former Military Secretary of General Pervez MusharrafMilitary Secretary of General Pervez Musharraf)
Shafatullah has been exposed for owning an expensive apartment in London via an offshore company. The company is listed in the names of his son and wife.
- Retired Lieutenant Colonel Raja Nadir Pervez (Former minister in Nawaz Sharif-led government)
Raja has been exposed for owning a BVI-registered International Finance and Equipment Ltd. His company conducts business with Russia, China, Thailand, and India. He also owns several other offshore companies, including ones linked to the Indian military.
- Umar Khattak & Ahad Khattak (Sons of former Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Chief Abbas Khattak)
The sons of the former chief of PAF have been exposed for owning a BVI-registered company.
- Retired Lieutenant General Habibullah Khan Khattak‘s daughter Shahnaz Sajjad Ahmad (Sister of Retired Lieutenant General Ali Kuli Khan Khattak, Sister-In-Law of former federal minister Gohar Ayub Khan)
Shahnaz, the daughter of the retired lieutenant general, has been exposed to owning properties in the United Kingdom via an offshore company.
- Retired Lieutenant General Muhammad Afzal Muzaffar‘s son Muhammad Hasan Muzaffar
Hasan, the son of the retired lieutenant general, has been exposed for owning BVI-registered Creek Growth Capital Holding Limited.
- Retired Lieutenant General Khalid Maqbool‘s son-in-law Ahsan Latif
Ahsan, the son-in-law of the retired lieutenant general, has been exposed for owning BVI-registered Dylan Capital Limited.
- Retired Lieutenant General Tanvir Tahir‘s wife Zahra Tanvir
Zahra, the wife of the retired lieutenant general, has been exposed for owning BVI-registered Ener Plastic Limited.
What are your views on this? Share with us in the comments below.