Breakdown of Master Tiles wedding: How much was paid to Maulana Tariq Jameel, Rahat Fateh, makeup, décor?
Out of all these, the FBR inquiry pointed towards the private companies Rosa Blanca and K-5 Concepts.
The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) recently set its eyes on the owner of Master Tiles after he spent Rs. 2 billion on his son’s wedding ceremony.
The extravagant ceremony caught the public’s eye for its extraordinary decor and guests, including a troupe of foreign gymnasts and several Pakistani celebrities.
This wedding’s enormous celebrations put all associated companies on the FBR’s radar too. The board conducted a probe into the service providers involved in the lavish arrangement to detect possible tax evasion.
FBR shared a document of its findings, which stated:
- Rosa Blanca Country Club, the venue of baraat located on Raiwind Road in Lahore, was paid Rs. 150 million for the premises.
- Singers Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Atif Aslam were paid Rs. 5.5 million and Rs. 5 million respectively to grace the mehndi night.
- Cleric Moulana Tariq Jameel was paid Rs. 1 million for solemnizing the marriage ceremony.
- K-5 Concepts’ event manager, Qasim Yar Tiwana, was paid Rs. 15-20 million to manage the baraat’s decor.
- Whimsical Parties and United Events and Services were paid Rs. 10 million each for decor.
- Ahsan Habib also received Rs. 10 million in payments for walima decorations.
- Photographers and videographers were also provided hefty amounts. Irfan Ahsan was paid approximately Rs. 3 million, Mobeen Studios charged Rs. 2 million, Osman Pervaiz received Rs. 3-3.5 million, while Ahmad Fayyaz charged Rs. 1 million for photography at mehndi and baraat.
- Shazray Khalid and Winc by Nadia were paid Rs. 1 million each for makeup services.
Out of all these, the FBR inquiry pointed towards the private companies Rosa Blanca and K-5 Concepts. FBR stated:
Rosa Blanca doesn’t have an NTN (national tax number) at all. There’s a strong reason to suspect that the entity was not paying taxes at all. Moreover, the manager of K-5 is also accused of tax evasion, as Tiwana declared Rs. 216,743 as income from business in the tax year 2019.
Here is FBR’s full report:
What are your thoughts on this? Please share with us in the comment section below.