Two more MG Motors cars are coming to Pakistan. Here are specification details
All you need to know.
The MG HS received a warm welcome in the Pakistani auto market. As soon as the vehicle was launched, all its units were booked by locals.
Following this success, the automaker decided to bring more of its products into the Pakistani auto sector. Regarding this, the owner of JW Park Motors and MG Pakistan, Javed Afridi, said:
We plan to add two more vehicles to our lineup in Pakistan, namely the RX8 midsize SUV and the Extender crew-cabin Pickup Truck.
Here is what we know about the two new cars coming to Pakistan:
The mid-size family SUV internationally competes with the Kia Sorento, the Toyota Fortuner, the Hyundai Santa Fe, and the Mazda CX-9 SUV. Some of the salient features of the vehicle include:
- 7-seater seating capacity
- decked-out four-wheel-drive
- a 2.0-liter turbocharged petrol engine that produces 224 hp and 360 Nm of torque and is mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission
The mid-size sports utility truck shares almost 75 percent of its underpinnings with the MG Gloster SUV. The vehicle is likely to go up against the Toyota Hilux, the Isuzu D-Max, and the upcoming Volkswagen Amarok in Pakistan because it features:
- a 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder diesel engine that puts out 161 hp and 375 Nm of torque
- two drivetrains – one is a 6-speed manual that sends power only to the rear wheels, and the other one is an all-wheel-drive 6-speed automatic
It is pertinent to mention that previously MG Pakistan had hinted at the launch of the Gloster SUV and the ZS compact all-electric SUV. However, none of these vehicles made it to Pakistan. Only time will tell whether RX8 and Extender are actually launched in the country or not.
What are your thoughts on this? Please share with us in the comment section below.