Your mobile phones can carry COVID-19. Here’s how you can disinfect your screen without damaging it
Do it in simple easy 5 steps!
Your phone has more germs on it than you think, and it can also play a hand in the spread of COVID-19. This is why it is of utmost importance to disinfect and clean it from time to time.
Here is how you can completely disinfect your mobile phone:
- Take your mobile out of its case. Wash the case in warm water and let it air dry. But, if your cover is made of leather or other luxury material, try a cleaner that is specific to your material.
- Use Q-Tips to swab around the earpiece, speaker grills and other ports on your phone. Be careful when cleaning your Lightning Port as to not dislodge any pieces inside the port.
- Take a mobile cleaning wipe and wipe the screen and body of the phone.
- If any streaks remain after the wipe, use a microfiber cloth to wipe the screen clear.
- Once the phone and case are dry, re-apply your case to your mobile.
Things to take care of:
While cleaning your phone, you must keep it away from harmful substances. Be careful to not use kitchen and window cleaner products. Keep the paper towel away from your mobile phone. The paper can shred and make the debris on your phone worse.
Rubbing alcohol isn’t a suitable thing to clean your phone with either. Newer phones have a protective coating and rubbing alcohol can wear it away quicker overtime. This makes your mobile prone to scratches.
What are your views on this? Share in the comments bar below.