Where to buy mobiles phones on easy installments in Pakistan?
Here's everything you need to know.
Smartphones are a need of time, but a massive amount of money goes into fulfilling this need. Almost everyone is looking for ways to buy mobile phones in installments in Pakistan.
Credit cardholders can buy a mobile phone in installments. However, finding a good deal with minimum to no markup is challenging. Those who don’t have a credit card can also buy a mobile phone in installments using specific platforms.
Here’s a guide to help you buy mobile phones on easy installments in Pakistan:
Note: Siasat.pk does not endorse or recommend any store mentioned in the guide. It is a compilation for the ease of our readers. You must read the terms and conditions on sellers’ sites.
The most common ways to buy mobile phones on installments in Pakistan are:
- Mobile phone manufacturers online
- Banks offering mobile phone deals
- Top e-commerce stores
- Big electronic stores with installment plans
- Cellular operators installment campaigns
1. Samsung mobile phones installment program
Samsung phones are astounding but expensive. The good news is that Samsung runs a 36-month installment program with Habib Bank Limited (HBL) through an HBL credit card. You can buy a Samsung phone as cheap as Galaxy A03s to anything as expensive as Galaxy S20 Ultra.
How to buy Samsung mobile on installment?
- Visit the Samsung shop to choose a phone from the website.
- Add your address, HBL credit card details, and complete the order.
- Call the HBL helpline and convert the payment into 36 installments.
- There is a PKR 700 processing fee in addition to FED that will show up on your first credit card bill after the purchase.
2- How to buy an iPhone in installments in Pakistan?
Unlike Samsung, iPhone isn’t present in Pakistan yet. However, they are doing business through their partners and associates who offer iPhones in installments for Apple lovers through selected banks and e-commerce stores. In Pakistan, Daraz is one of the channels you can buy an iPhone from in easy installments.
You need to be a credit card holder of one of the banks Daraz is working with to get your EMI plan ready. Daraz offers up to a 36-months plan. For 3-months, there is no markup, but beyond this, banks start charging the markup over the original retail price of the phone. Daraz offers its mobile phone installment plan through MCB, Bank Alfalah, Standard Chartered, and Silk Bank. Besides iPhone, you can also buy a smartphone of any other brand on EMI.
3- Mobile phone on installment from banks
Not all banks offer their customers the freedom to buy mobile phones or other gadgets in installments. However, many banks in Pakistan have stepped into this domain, which is convenient for their customers:
- Faysal Bank operates its digital mall where it sells a plethora of items, including smartphones. In addition to usual EMIs, Faysal bank also offers selected Xiaomi mobiles and iPhones on 0-markup 24-installments.
- Bank Alfalah’s Alpha Mall also gives tons of options to its customers to buy phones on EMI in Pakistan. However, compared to Faysal Bank, Alpha Mall looks less organized.
Here are a few banks you can approach for buying different mobile phones in installments:
Note: You have to be the cardholder of the respective bank.
- Faysal bank
- Bank Alfalah
- Silk Bank
- Standard Chartered
- Meezan bank
- Askari bank
4- Jazz Handset installment plan
Jazz can also be helpful if you wish to buy mobile phones in installments. But, there is a limit. Jazz isn’t like a regular store. Unfortunately, it only serves its postpaid customers less than 10% of its 72 million subscriber base.
While the largest cellular operator excludes the prepaid customer base, it is also limited to specific devices. Some obsolete Nokia smartphones and Jazz’s own data devices, including 4G-wingle and Wi-Fi devices, are on sale on their portal.
The terms and conditions of Jazz include:
- Only Jazz Gold postpaid customers can avail of the offer
- One customer can buy only one device
- CNIC/utility bill required to verify the buyer
The second-largest cellular operator by the number of subscribers, Telenor, also sells smartphones and data devices on its website. It sells Samsung’s smartphones, but it doesn’t entertain installment requests. In the case of Telenor, it’s an upfront payment only.
5- E-commerce and Electronic stores for phones installment plans
The real deals are being offered by the e-commerce stores where iPhones, Samsung, and all other brands are on sale. Here is a list of some of the active online stores in Pakistan you can visit to buy your next dream phone.
Note: Read the terms and conditions of the respective store before buying mobile in installments.
- Olx.com (you can find several mobile sellers giving you different deals)
6- Qisstpay gives you interest-free installment plans
Qisstpay is a facilitator between the buyer and the store, offering easy installment plans. The concept is fresh in Pakistan based on Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL). You may not find it everywhere, but QisstPay is slowly collaborating with various Pakistani e-commerce stores and brand shops. All you have to do is to choose Qisstpay at the time of checkout.
What are your thoughts on this? Please share with us in the comment section below.