Moroccan government scholarships for year 2022-23 for Pakistani students announced
The Moroccan government scholarships for the year 2022-23 for Pakistani students have been announced.
The Moroccan Agency of International Cooperation (AMCI) announced the scholarships for Pakistani students in the Moroccan Public Institutions of Higher, Technical, and Vocational Education for the academic year 2022-23. The deadline for receipt of nominations by HEC is fixed as 20th September 2022.
- Pakistani/AJK nationals who are permanent residents of Pakistan/AJK.
- Dual nationality holden can not apply for the scholarships.
- Those selected for the scholarships are required to be available to start their academic studies in the Moroccan Universities by the start of the academic year in (September/October 2023).
The applicants must have either of the following qualifications by the last date to submit applications:
- A minimum of 12 years of education (FSC/A-level) Degree for the Undergraduate program. Aged from 19-23 years.
- A minimum of 16 years of education in relevant fields of study for the Master’s program
- A minimum of 18 years of education in the relevant field of study for admission to the Ph.D. program at the respective Moroccan University.
The mode of study is the French language. Those students who have shown satisfactory results in the French language learning program will be given the green light to travel to Morocco to pursue their scholarship/training in the Moroccan public institution.
If you are not fluent in the french language, you won’t be selected for the scholarship. Those who do not have sufficient knowledge of the language are required to undertake Language courses in their country by enrolling at the right center dedicated for the purpose, like Alliance Francaise, French cultural center, etc.
On the other hand, linguistic fields, Arabic literature & Islamic studies are taught in Arabic, and applicants for these fields must be fluent in Arabic and possess a proficiency certificate.
- Applicants must fulfill other requirements set by the concerned university in Morocco.
- The candidate must not be suspended/ expelled from the Kingdom of Morocco earlier due to any criminal activity.
An applicant, who passes the French language Training program organized in their country of origin, should be in the possession of the following documents:
- A long-term visa (student visa)
- Health certificate attesting that they are vaccinated against infectious and contagious diseases, in particular Tuberculosis.
The scholarship will provide the following financial facilities:
- The amount of the scholarship is $75 or 750 Dirhams per month. This can be subject to possible levies.
- The training grant is payable bi-monthly and in accordance with the timetable set by the AMCI.
- The payment of the scholarship is made by the beneficiary up on the presentation of their passport, at all the counters of the agencies of the Banque Populaire.
- University campuses have restaurants that serve meals for students at a single rate. Students have to present themselves to the administration of the campuses to obtain a university card.
- Foreign students are subscribed to an insurance policy that covers medical care, repatriation of the body in case of demise, reimbursement of medical expenses, and final sanitary evacuation to the country of origin in case of serious illness.
- Students can also benefit from medical care services provided by hospitals and public health centers.
- Accommodation is not given automatically. But, foreign students regularly registered with public higher education establishments may benefit from accommodation in boarding schools or in university residences. Those who want to benefit from it should submit their applications to the AMCI.
Application Procedure and documents required:
- Download and fill AMCI application form. AMCI application form in the French language is required by Morocco. The applicant may fill his/her particulars in the English language on the French application form.
- For the convenience of applicants, the Un-Official English Translation of the French form is also available.
- Apply online at the HEC website. After registering and filling out your profile, select “Learning Opportunities Abroad.”
- After submission of the application, get its printed copy to be signed by the applicant. HEC online application portal shall close on 20th September 2022.
- Applicants should note that all nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC. Send two sets of AMCI application (FRENCH Form) form along with required documents as mentioned on the AMCI application form, in Spiral binding, and one copy of the HEC application form with documents separately in Spiral binding on or before, 20th September 2022.
What are your views on this? Share in the comments bar below.