Muhammad Wasim to Saqlain Mushtaq: Salaries of PCB officials revealed
Here's how much these officials earn
Cricketers are one of the highest paid individuals in Pakistan but have you ever wondered how much the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) officials earn? Well, the salaries of chief selector Muhammad Wasim, PCB Head Coach Saqlain Mushtaq and other PCB officials have been revealed.
According to the report submitted in front of the National Assembly’s standing committee, foreign physiotherapist Cliffe Deacon is highest paid with an earning just over Rs. 2 million. Chief Selector Muhammad Wasim earns over Rs. 1.3 million while PCB Head Coach Saqlain Mushtaq Rs. 1 million.
Earlier in March last year, the extravagant allowances of PCB officials came under the government’s radar. The NA standing committee had asked for the accounts of the financial transactions, official tours and general expenditures of the cricket board.
Besides the PCB officials getting hefty salaries, they are also enjoying other perks, the report revealed. Here are the salaries of the PCB’s officials:
- Director Media and Communications Sami Burney: Rs. 1.3 million
- Director of High-Performance Nadeem Khan: Rs. 1.3 million
- Director of International Cricket Operations Zakir Khan: Rs. 0.85 million
- Chief Financial Officer Javed Murtaza: Rs. 1.2 million
- Chief Operating Officer Salman Naseer: Rs. 1.2 million
- Chief Medical Officer Dr. Najeebullah Soomro: Rs. 1.2 million
- Director Human Resources Serena Agha: Rs. 0.85 million
- Director Security and Anti Corruption Asif Mehmood: Rs. 0.85 million
- GM Logistics Asad Mustafa: Rs. 0.6 million
- GM Finance and Accounts Ateeque Rasheed: Rs. 0.6 million
Furthermore, all the CEOs of Provisional Cricket Association teams which includes Muhammad Abdul Sabur (Souther Punjab), Anwar Saleem Kasi (Balochistan), Babar Khan (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Najeeb Sadiq (Northern), and Abdullah Khurram Niazi (Central Punjab) earn 0.5 million..
Moreover, the details of cars allocated to different officials have also been revealed, according to which PCB Chairman Ramiz Raja has been given 2021 Honda BRV, CEO has been allocated 2019 Honda Civic, and Saqlain Mushtaq has been given 2014 Honda City.
What are your views on this? Share in the comments bar below.