Murad Saeed Announces 35,000 Youth Internships. Here’s How You Can Apply
During the first month of the program, the internees will be trained under the following three modules: Franchise Post Office, Insurance Agents, and E-Commerce.
Following the directives from Prime Minister Imran Khan, Pakistan Post has finally introduced its internship program for youngsters. Speaking on the new opportunities for the youngsters, Federal Minister for Postal Services Murad Saeed said that the first session will start on the 4th of November, and it will benefit more than 35,000 youngsters with its program.
The program will be introduced to 1200 offices across Pakistan. It will target young people, who will be able to learn different skills and will help them start their own businesses. Those who are not planning to start a business, can also contribute to PM Khan’s ambitious Kamyab Jawan scheme.
How will it work?
During the first month of the program, the internees will be trained under the following three modules:
- Internship Modules Program A: (Franchise Post Office)
- Understanding of Postal Products
- Accounting Procedures
- Hands-on training for booking of Postal Products
- Preparation of bill & commission on different services as a franchisee
- Internship Module Program B: (Insurance Agents)
- Types of insurance policies
- How to become a PLI agent
- Calculations related to insurance premium
- Marketing for insurance
- Legal formalities
- Internship Module Program C: (E-Commerce)
- Basics of E-Commerce
- Web portals to start E-business
- Role of the delivery partner in e-commerce
- How to become a successful e-commerce entrepreneur
- Understanding of cash on delivery
The age requirement for the program in between 20 to 30 years old. Those who hold matriculation or graduation or equivalent degrees can apply for the program. However, the stipend will not be provided to the trainees for the internship training. You can download the registration forms from Pakistan Post’s website.