Following privacy Scandal, Telegram rolls out new update allowing users to import WhatsApp chats
This new update allows Telegram users to transfer their chat history from WhatsApp to Telegram.
This new update allows Telegram users to transfer their chat history from WhatsApp to Telegram. However, for now, this benefit is only available for all iOS users. They can use the new history import tool in the Telegram app version 7.4. According to sources, the feature will soon be released for Android users as well.
Telegram has made a rather brilliant move by offering this new update as most users did not want to quit WhatsApp because of their attachment to previous chats. Sources speculate that now all the WhatsApp users who were still on the fence about leaving the Facebook-owned platform may start to consider shifting to Telegram seriously.
How can you transfer your WhatsApp chats to Telegram?
- Download the latest version of both the online communication applications.
- Open WhatsApp and tap on the chat you want to export.
- Select “Export chat” from the contact info menu.
- Choose either of the two options, i.e., “Attach Media” or “Without Media”.
- Choose Telegram from the sharing menu and select the contact you want to assign the imported chat to.
- Select “Import” from the prompt that pops up.
Note: The messages imported from WhatsApp will be marked as ‘imported’ in Telegram.
What are your thoughts on this? Please share with us in the comment section below.