Earn from home: Here’s all you need to know about NFTP’s freelancing training program
NFTP training program has been approved for youth in Punjab, Sindh, KPK, Kashmir, Balochistan and GB.
The Ministry of Information Technology & Telecommunication (MoIT&T) has emphasized on the vision to provide freelance trainings to empower Pakistani youth. To bring this vision to reality, a comprehensive National Freelancing Training Program (NFTP) has been designed in collaboration with The Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB) which provides contemporary training to aspiring freelancers across all provinces of Pakistan.
During 3 years, this program aims to empower 21,600 individuals to generate substantial income, through its 20 state-of-art centres.
Aligned with sustainable development goals of the UN, this ambitious program seeks to achieve sustainable economic growth by achieving the following objectives:
1. To provide training opportunities for the youth to fight against unemployment and create self-employment opportunities using internet-based freelancing
2. Development of soft critical skills to improve chances of employment.
3. Enable youth across the country to earn a sustainable income.
4. Empower youth by giving them an opportunity to not only work on their own but also to contribute positively to Pakistan by bringing in much needed foreign exchange.
5. To give an international face to Freelancing on Pakistan – To Ultimately have a group of premium, top-notch Freelancers housed at the same place to work on international projects.
6. Empower and elevate the status of women by allowing them to earn while working from home.
A three-month training program which has been designed by the ministry of highly skilled team will be delivered in the following domains:
- Technical (web development and basic concepts to a portfolio and e-commerce sites)
- Content Marketing and Advertisement (social and digital media marketing, content writing, market funnels, off-site and on-page search engine optimization, blogging, article writing skill and lead generation)
- Creative Design (skills to create professional business logos, flyers, web designing and corporate identity kit by using different hands-on practice on adobe suite.
- In continuation of its other knowledge-based projects, PITB’s mission is to reap the benefits of Knowledge Economy by creating opportunities for youth in tech-driven arenas.
- It is, therefore, necessary that the gap between the industry and academia in general and public and private sector, in particular, be bridged. PITB is successfully playing its role and hopes to establish fruitful linkages with potential partners for this matter.
What are your views on this? Share in the comments bar below.