PSL 5: Ben Dunk Made These 6 New Records Against Karachi Kings [Video]
The left-handed batsman finished his innings with just one short from triple-figures off just 40 deliveries.
It all seemed over for the Lahore Qalandars in their game against Karachi Kings when the latter put a big total of 188 runs on the board.
The Qalandars were 2 down for just 50 runs in the ninth over when the swashbuckling, Ben Dunk, came out to bat. Dunk went on to bat till the very last ball of the game to take his team to the victory line.
The left-handed batsman finished his innings with just one short from triple-figures off just 40 deliveries. During his 99 runs innings, Ben Dunk smashed a number of batting records, which are as follows:
- Ben Dunk smacked the ball into the stands as many as 12 times in his unbeaten 99-run knock. This makes him the batsman with the most number of sixes in a single PSL inning, surpassing his own record of 10 sixes in an inning.
No other player, apart from Ben Dunk, has been able to hit more than 8 sixes in an inning in PSL.
- His score of 99 not out is the highest score by a Lahore Qalandars’ batsman in the HBL PSL. He broke Muhammad Hafeez’s record, who had scored 98 runs against Islamabad United earlier this season.
- Ben Dunk finished the game with a strike rate of 247.5, the highest by any player who has scored above 30 runs in a PSL inning. This record was previously held by Luke Ronchi, who batted with the strike rate of 241.02 against Karachi during the 2018 edition.
- It wasn’t the first time when Ben Dunk went on to score 99 runs in a T20 inning. Before this, he also scored 99 runs playing for The NMB Giants against Tshwane Spartans in the MSL 2019 edition, making him the only player in T20 format history to score 99 runs more than once in his career.
- His 99 runs not out is the first 99 runs unbeaten score in the Pakistan Super League history. Before him, Ahmed Shehzad had also finished on 99 runs against The Karachi Kings last season but that was after getting out.
- His 140 runs partnership with Sohail Akhtar is the highest partnership for the third wicket in PSL. This record was previously held by Muhammad Hafeez and Dawid Malan for Peshawar Zalmi against The Quetta Gladiators.
Watch Ben Dunk’s 99 Runs Not Out Inning Here:
Ben Dunk produced one of his finest innings ever and took Lahore Qalandars over the line in a thrilling contest against Karachi Kings ?#HBLPSLV #TayyarHain #CricketforAll #PEL #ChangeYourLife pic.twitter.com/kFh6uN1Ge4
— Cricingif (@_cricingif) March 8, 2020
What are your views on this? Share in the comments bar below.