You can now report/block your stolen cellphone – here’s how
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) gives you the facility to now report/block your stolen phones. All you need to do is follow the following simple steps:
To report/block your stolen mobile phone, you can register your complaint with PTA in the following ways to get it blocked:
- Simply call on the helpline by dialing 0800-25625
- You can also directly send an email to PTA at: [email protected]
- You can also physically visit PTA headquarters or the nearest PTA zonal office.
- You can also contact Citizens Police Liaison Committee (CPLC) helplines: 1102, 021-35662222 & 021-35682222 for lodging complaints of your lost handsets.
What do you need to provide?
- All IMEI’s of stolen /lost mobile phone
- Mobile number (used in stolen/lost phone)
- Date of incident
- CNIC number
- Father’s name/ Mother’s name
- Contact number
How to check the status of your complain:
You can check the status of the phone after 16 working days of reporting. You can check it in the following ways:
- Send 15 digits IMIEI via SMS to 8484
- Visit the website: https://www.dirbs.pta.gov.pk/
- You can also check the device’s status via the android application (DVS)
Once blocked, you will be able to see the following message against the stolen IMEI search:
” Your mobile device(IMEI#) is blocked(Reported Stolen/Lost/Misused to PTA)
Note: In order to find out the IMEI of your handset dial *#06#. You can also check the IMEI number in the settings of your phone and it is also printed on the box of the mobile phone.
What are your views on this? Share with us in the comments bar below.