Saudi Arabia is offering 600 fully-funded scholarships to Pakistanis – here’s everything you need to know
Both male and female students can apply for the Saudi Arabia scholarship program.
Good news for Pakistani students – Saudi Arabia is offering 600 fully-funded scholarships for the academic year 2021-22. According to details, the scholarships are being provided for enrolment in Diploma, Bachelor, Master, and Ph.D. degree programs. Pakistani students who receive the scholarships will get a chance to study at one of the 25 prestigious Saudi universities affiliated with the program.
Here is everything you need to know about the Saudi Arabia Scholarship Program:
Details of the Program
Both male and female students can apply for the Saudi Arabia scholarship program. However, it is pertinent to mention that 75% of the scholarships will be awarded to Pakistani and AJK nationals. In comparison, 25% of the scholarships will be given to Pakistani or AJK nationals legally residing in Saudi Arabia.
These scholarships are offered in the disciplines of Political Science, Law, Education, Administration, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Agriculture, Arabic Studies, Islamic Studies, and Media Sciences. Applicants who receive the scholarships will commence study in Saudi Arabia in September/October each year.
Am I eligible to apply for the program?
Applicants must match the following criteria to apply for the Saudi Arabia scholarship program:
- Applicants must be Pakistani or AJK nationals
- Applicants must be aged between 17 and 25 years for applying in BS programs, aged 30 years for MS programs, and less than 35 years for Ph.D. programs
- Applicants must not be holding any other scholarship at the time of availing
- Applicants must not have any criminal record
- Applicant must not have been suspended from any educational institution on disciplinary or any other valid ground
How do I apply for the program?
Here’s a step-by-step guide for applicants interested in applying for the Saudi Arabia scholarship program:
- Visit your chosen Saudi university’s website or online portal.
- Check the eligibility criteria, opening and closing dates of admissions, and other details from the website/portal, as each university has its own eligibility criteria and application time frame.
- Complete the application process as per the university guidelines.
- Your chosen university will then forward your application to Saudi Education Ministry, responsible for finalizing the successful scholarship candidates.
- Applicants must also share a copy of the university application with the Pakistani Embassy in Riyadh, which will follow up with the Saudi Education Ministry for the grant of scholarships.
What benefits does the program entail?
Applicants who are granted the Saudi Arabia scholarships will enjoy the following benefits:
- A monthly allowance of 900 Saudi Riyal for Science students and 850 Saudi Riyal for Humanities students
- Free accommodation in Saudi Arabia
- 3-month furnishing allowance for married students upon arrival in Saudi Arabia
- Return air tickets
- Free medical (family coverage in case of married students)
- 3-month graduation allowance for shipment of books
- Subsidized meals at the campus
- Sport and recreational activities on the campus
- Support for dependents
- Travel expenses
Which Saudi universities can I choose from?
Here are the 25 universities affiliated with the Saudi Arabia scholarship program:
|5.||Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University||www.imamu.edu.sa|
|6.||King Saud University||www.ksu.edu.sa|
|7.||King Abdul Aziz University||www.kau.edu.sa|
|8.||Hafar Al-Batin University||www.uhb.edu.sa|
|9.||King Faisal University||www.kfu.edu.sa|
|10.||King Khalid University||www.kku.edu.sa|
|16.||Al Jouf University||www.ju.edu.sa|
|17.||Al Baha University||www.bu.edu.sa|
|20.||Northern Border University||www.nbu.edu.sa|
|21.||Princess Nora University||www.pnu.edu.sa|
|22.||Imam Abdul Rahman University||www.iau.edu.sa|
|23.||Prince Sattam bin Abdul Aziz University||www.psau.edu.sa|
Story originally published in ProPakistani.pk
What are your thoughts on this? Please share with us in the comment section below.