Applications open for Sister2Sister US Exchange Program for Pakistani women [APPLY NOW]
Deadline to apply for the program is 15th December, 2021.
The Society for International Education is now taking applications for the Sister2Sister Exchange Programme for the year 2021.
Under this program, female students from universities and colleges are encouraged to apply by filling out an online form. This online form has been shared on the official site of the program HERE.
As per the website, the program’s aim is to facilitate female students ‘ participation in US universities to advance their careers and groom them for future opportunities.
“The program will work towards developing mentorship and connecting young Pakistani women to academic and professional networks for educational and career advancement,” the website reads.
The Eligibility Criteria
- Only female students can apply
- Applicants must be Pakistani citizens
- Must be between 18-24 on 1st June 2012 (born between 1st June 1997-1st June 2003)
- Must have completed at least 12 years of education
- Must currently be enrolled in a college or university, and have plans to return to the institute following the program
- Applicants must be in no more than their second last year of education. This means they should be in the first year of their Masters after completing their 2-year bachelor’s program or in their 1st,2nd, or 3rd years of a 4-year bachelors program
- Applicants should have effective leadership skills and should be an active part of their institutes as well as the community
- Applicants should take an interest in learning about the US
- Applicants must have a good academic record, proven by certifications, grades, and reference letters
- Applicants must have at least 70% overall grade in the last 3 academic years
- Applicants must be fluent in the English language
- Applicants that have not traveled internationally prior to this are preferred
- Applicants must not have been to the US in the past.
What does the Programme Cover?
- Complete tuition costs
- Travel expenses both for going and returning from the US
- Health insurance would be provided
- Visa fees
- Accommodation costs and food will also be covered.
What are your views on this? Share in the comments bar below.