Pakistani students can now get Canadian study permit within 20 days. Here’s How
Planning to get your Canadian study permit? Here is how you can do that!
Pakistani students can now also get their study permit faster with Student Direct Stream. While some applicants can take longer, most of the applications are processed within 20 calendar days.
To get your application processed faster, you must:
- give your biometrics as soon as possible.
- fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
A study permit is different than a study visa. It will not enable you to travel to Canada by itself. Hence, the student will also be requiring a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
Who is eligible to apply?
For faster processing of your application through Student Direct Stream, you need to meet the following requirements:
- be a legal resident living in:
- the Philippines or
- have an acceptance letter from a post-secondary designated learning institution
- prove that you’ve paid the tuition fees for your first year of study
- live outside of Canada when you apply
- have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAN$10,000
- have a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion
- This is only if you’re planning to study in Quebec
- get a medical exam before you apply (if you need one)
- get a police certificate before you apply (if you need one)
- have your most recent secondary or post-secondary school transcript(s)
- have a language test result that shows:
- a score of 6.0 or higher in each skill (reading, writing, speaking and listening) on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or
- a Test d’évaluation de français (TEF) score that is equal to a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of at least 7 in each skill (reading, writing, speaking and listening),
(via Government of Canada)
You cannot apply for permit via Student Direct Stream if:
You live anywhere except the countries mentioned above, even if you are a national, you are not eligible for it. Then you have to apply via regular study permit application process.
If you live in another country (even if you’re a citizen of one of the countries above), or if you fail to meet the eligibility for faster processing, you can still get your permit but through the regular study permit application process.
You can also bring your spouse, partner or child:
- visitor visa
- work permit
- study permit
You must complete and submit their applications at the same time as your own. If you don’t, we won’t process their applications faster. When you apply online, select that you have family members coming with you to Canada. This will let you complete their applications with yours. (Source: Canada.ca)
Access more information regarding the process here:
- Student Direct Stream: About the process
- Who can apply
- Bring your spouse, partner or child with you to Canada
- Apply through the Student Direct Stream
- After you apply
What are your thoughts on this? Share with us in the comments bar below.