Tayyip Erdogan Named ‘Most Popular Muslim Leader’ By Gallup International
He was also ranked the 5th most popular world leader.
Turkish President Erdogan has been ranked fifth most-favored leader in the world and the topmost followed Muslim leader. In the Gallup International’s Popularity Index of world political leaders, Erdogan scored 30% in popularity rating, followed by Saudi King Salman at 25% and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani at 21%.
The rakings for the most popular global leaders were as follows:
- Angela Merkel from Germany got the top ranking with a 46% rating,
- the second was Macron of France at 40%,
- Vladimir Putin stood third with 36%,
- Trump was fourth with 31% rating
- and Erdogan stood fifth at 30%.
The Gallup International End of the Year Survey (EoY) is carried out every year since 1977. This year, it took place in 50 countries. A total of 50,261 people were interviewed globally.
What are your views on this? Share in the comments bar below.