Timeline of events: Here is the detail of how the government is dealing with COVID-19 crisis
WHO applauded Pakistan for having one of the best 'response' to COVID-19 crisis.
Advisories and Documents:
- Advisories on COVID19 to all provinces – 21st Jan, revised version attached
Information about the SARS-COV-2 to provinces:
National Action Plan, issued on 8th Feb, latest revised on 9th March
- It inculcates the reason, expected needs, coordination and actions required for Pakistan to increase preparedness and respond to the COVID19 outbreak.
Point of Entries SOPs – 1st Feb
- Stepwise insight on the health screening mechanism at the point of entries.
Clinical guidelines on the management of COVID19, issued on 1st of Feb, revised version attached
- In-hospital patient management of COVID19 patients.
Advisory Mitigation strategies – 11th Mar
- Detailed management of COVID19 cases and their contacts at home, in the hospital and organizations. Highlights importance of risk communication
- Public Service Announcements – Started 1st week of Feb, have been continuously evolving to become more comprehensive outreach to the public.
- Various forms of IEC material developed and distributed
First Epidemiologic Modelling of COVID19 outbreak for Pakistan – Mid Feb, the revised version to be released later this week.
- Risk forecasting and assessment keeping in view the evolving outbreak in China.
Daily Situation Reports – Ongoing
- Daily report from NIH on the COVID19 outbreak preparedness and response.
- Outlining the requirements of quarantine facilities, their procedural details and maintenance.
National and International Expert Consultation – Initiated 15th Jan
- Continually ongoing consolations with relevant experts.
Creation of Emergency Operation Center on COVID19 – 22nd Jan
- Established at the NIH, EOC
Creation of Core Committee on COVID19 – 29th Jan
- Key decision making body for COVID19 with experts and heads of various response streams.
Continuous coordination with the Chinese government – Late Jan
- Agreement with the Chinese government on the reduction of travellers and mandated 14 days of quarantine pre-departure to Pakistan.
Strengthening of PoEs with HR, Thermal Guns and Thermal Scanners – First week of Feb
- Incrementing capacity for POE and ensuring sensitivity in screening.
- 1 million passengers screened, passengers from high-risk areas logged and followed up with.
The established need for PPE – First week of Feb
- Understanding the need and balancing it against our stockpiles. Incl ban on PPE exports and encouragement of PPE imports
National and Provincial Coordination – Initiated on 4th Feb, ongoing
- Reached out to Provincial Chief Secretaries on COVID19 outbreak, sensitized them and established a mechanism for inter-provincial coordination.
Designated hospitals for isolation of COVID19 patients – First week of Feb
- PIMS build a dedicated isolation ward. Currently, there are 207 hospitals across the country that is designated to take COVID19 patients
Contact tracing of high-risk passengers – initiated on 10th Feb, ongoing
- Over 20 000 passengers for high-risk areas (Iran and China) have been contacted and traced through phone calls and SMS.
Obtained lab diagnosis capability – 11th Feb
- NIH was early to establish lab capability in the region. Currently, 13 labs are set up for COVID19 testing and 1 mobile lab in Taftan.
Established quarantine facilities – 14th Feb
- 300-bed quarantine established by MoNHSRC. Provinces have established 5 facilities.
Established 1166 National Helpline for COVID19 – 26th Feb
- Helpline created for public awareness and guidance on COVID19
Suspension of flights to and from Iran – 27th Feb
Meeting on Inter-Ministerial Coordination – 29th Feb
- All relevant stakeholders, federal and provincial, met and charted a plan for increasing COVID19 preparedness in the country
Taftan closure and quarantine of all Zaireen – 28th Feb
- All Zaireen coming to Pakistan through land crossing were quarantined
Chaman Border closure – 2nd March
- Closed for 2 weeks to allow for the strengthening of health screening
Creation of National Coordination Committee for COVID19 – 13th March
- The decision of the National Security Committee with all CMs and relevant Federal Ministers. Emulated at Provincial level.
Command and Control Center on COVID19 – 13th March
- Set up under the auspicious of NCCC
What are your views on this? Share in the comments bar below.