Two cannibal brothers in Pakistan detained again after serving 12 years’ imprisonment
The Deputy Commissioner of the Bhakkar District, Asif Ali, told the BBC, "The release was a threat to peace in the area."
Two cannibal brothers were released from Mianwali jail on Wednesday after serving time in prison. However, both were detained again before they were even released.
The two brothers Muhammad Arif and Muhammad Farman, belong from Bhakkar district of Punjab province.
The Deputy Commissioner of the Bhakkar District, Asif Ali, told the BBC, “The release was a threat to peace in the area. Given the current situation, both brothers were detained for another month.”
The DC said, “First, there is a general panic due to the coronavirus among people, and secondly, there was also a negative reaction from people on social media regarding the release.” He told that the adverse reactions from people against the two cannibals led the authorities to take the decision.
Since there are reports that both had been digging the graves to eat the dead flesh, this has led to a strong local response.
The two brothers were released after serving 12 years’ imprisonment in the Central Jail Mianwali but were handed over to the Bhakkar police so that the two men could not be harmed.
The authorities said the brothers could be hurt by the angry people of the area where they had been carrying out their cannibalistic activities.
Farman and Arif were first arrested for cannibalism in 2011. The incident had attracted both national and international media coverage when on the 3rd of April 2011, the newly-buried body of a girl was found in their house with a few limbs cooked in a curry.
What are your views on this? Share with us in the comments bar below.