UNDP internships for Pakistanis: Here’s how to apply
In order to facilitate Pakistani nationals who have the desire to work in international organizations, the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) Pakistan has announced internships.
The program is for Islamabad and Peshawar and is a great opportunity for graduates and students who wish to experience UNDP’s working environment. The candidate will have to contribute with the help of their academic knowledge, along with acquiring practical insights into the organization’s functions.
The UNDP is offering internships in these units:
- Human Resource Unit (Islamabad)
- Democratic Governance Unit (Islamabad)
- Environment and Climate Change Unit (Islamabad)
- Development Policy Unit (Islamabad)
- Crisis Prevention and Recovery Unit (Islamabad)
- ICT/ Standard Premises Unit (Islamabad)
- Stabilization and Development Program (Peshawar)
Applications should have proficiency in any one of these or two of the three working languages of the UNDP:
If the candidate is fluent in Eastern European language, Portuguese, Arabic, or Russian, it is an added skill.
UNDP interns are given a monthly stipend that solely depends on the station of duty and other factors.
Any man or woman who fulfills the eligibility criteria can apply to the UNDP internship program. The organization also encourages differently-abled people to apply for the program.
Intern selection in the UNDP is competitive, and the organization seeks applications that show a great deal of interest in the field of development. The internships are for six months, and can sometimes last nine months if they are being completed for academic credit.
Here is the eligibility criteria:
- Be a graduate
- Must be enrolled in the final year of a degree program (minimum a bachelor’s or equivalent)
- Should be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent or higher)
The last date to apply for the program is 15th August.
What are your views on this? Share in the comments bar below.