You can get number plates for your vehicles without waiting for weeks with this new process
The Punjab government can issue vehicle registrations and number plates to the customers on the spot.
The Excise and Taxation Department of Punjab has decided to provide some convenience to motorists. As per the latest initiative, the Punjab government can issue vehicle registrations and number plates to the customers on the spot.
Moreover, the service would also be available after office hours.
Vehicle Registration Process
All new customers will have to pay the service charges in addition to the registration fee. After the registration of the vehicle through the designated system, the customers would be given the new number plates.
According to the Excise and Taxation Department, the dealers would be responsible for the following:
- Depositing fees due to the Punjab Excise and Taxation Department
- Data Entry against the registration of Vehicles
- Delivery of registration documents to the relevant Motor Registration Authority (MRA)
- Record maintenance for five years and having the record audit-ready at all times
- Revealing the rates of all deals at the time of dealership
The Excise and Taxation department has declared a fixed rate for dealers against their services, which is as follows:
- Rs. 500/- for bikes and rickshaws
- Rs. 2000/- for passenger and commercial vehicles
Recently, the Punjab government also launched a paperless driving license system for the drivers in the province. The system has been introduced by the Rawalpindi Police in collaboration with the Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB).
What are your views on this? Share with us in the comments bar below.