Video: Premier Imran Khan ‘teases’ while opposition aggressively protests
Prime Minister Imran Khan teased the opposition while the party members wore black arm bands and held placards to record their protest.
- Following the arrests of Asif Ali Zardari and Hamza Shahbaz, the budget was presented today.
- Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf government presented its first budget in presence of Imran Khan with a total outlay of Rs 7.022 trillion for the fiscal year 2019-20.
- Registered growth of 30 per cent against the revised budget of Rs 5.385 trillion for the current fiscal year (2018-19).
- Opposition parties protested with black armbands and placards.
- Prime Minister Imran Khan ‘teases’ the aggressive opposition members.
The incumbent government presented its first budget with a total outlay of Rs 7.022 trillion for the fiscal year 2019-20 today, on Tuesday. The Pakistan People’s Party and lawmakers from other opposition parties held a protest while the Minister of State for Revenues Hammad Azhar delivered the budget speech in the National Assembly.
The PPP lawmakers wore black armbands and holding placards to record their protest. The opposition members gathered in front of the National Assembly speak’s dice and chanted slogans against the current government and the ‘IMF’ budget. They also tore down the copies of the budget that were present in their hands.
State Minister for Revenues Hammad Azhar presented the budget in the National Assembly, even among the violent protests by the Opposition parties. The minister further added that total federal revenues were estimated at Rs 6.717 trillion which is 19 per cent higher than the previous year’s revenues of Rs 5.661 trillion.
Prime Minister Imran Khan teases the opposition:
While the opposition aggressively protested, banging desks, wearing armbands and waving placards, Prime Minister Imran Khan was seen mocking their aggression and enjoying the situation.
PM IK Teasing The Entire Opposition. He is surely really happy after the arrests😂
At the end of #Budget Speech & adjournment of Session, PM Booed the protesting opposition in a hilarious way!
IK be like: "Main ne tu kaha tha main tum sabko rulaoonga, Ro, Pitto Abb!!" 😂 pic.twitter.com/rAl0Chri71
— Ubair Khan (@ubairkhaan) June 11, 2019
It must be remembered that arrests of Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) and Pakistan People Party’s (PPP) top leadership was among PTI’s key election promises.
What are your views on this? Share with us in the comments bar below.